You say SupporterBase is for progressives. What do you mean by that?
We understand the term “progressive” can encompass a broad spectrum. So we try not to be too dogmatic, or aligned with any particular political party. We believe campaigners of all backgrounds can make a positive contribution to the world. However, we will not allow our services and products to be used for causes that are corrosive to democracy, human dignity, equality, social justice or the planet.
Therefore, SupporterBase should not be used by individuals, campaigns or organizations:
- Inciting violence;
- Promoting policies which discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexuality or gender;
- Advocating for a conservative right-wing agenda;
- That deny the existence of man-made climate change or are standing in the way of immediate action to mitigate the threat it poses;
- That oppose democracy and accountable governance;
- Engaged in, directly or indirectly, human trafficking and/or forced labor;
- Engaged in arms trafficking or lobbying for more relaxed gun control;
- Deliberately spreading misinformation or slander.
If we become aware that your organization or campaign contravenes any of the conditions outlined above, we reserve the right to disallow access to SupporterBase.
Getting started - For admins
Once you’ve completed the steps to launch your own SupporterBase and received the confirmation email to create your admin account, you’re ready to get started empowering your leaders!
- To create your first group, click the “Add Supporter Group” link in the sidebar
- Each group has its own NationBuilder calendar page on your site. The default option is to automatically create a calendar page for your new group. Alternatively, you can select the option to connect your group to an existing calendar page, in which case the “Associated calendar” dropdown will show the list of available options.
- The “Associated tags” field is where you can add the list of relevant tags for your new group - any supporters with at least one of these tags will appear in the group.
- The sync process will begin when your new group is created to automatically identify the group’s supporters in your nation and add them to the group in SupporterBase.
- With your first group ready to go you can start testing other features by sending individual emails & SMS to supporters listed in your group as well as creating email & SMS blasts.
- You can likewise create custom filters to see how they appear on your supporter group page and how they can be used in sending blasts to specific segments of your group.
- If you run into any issues, you can review our extensive FAQs and support docs on each feature or contact the SupporterBase team for help: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Launching your own SupporterBase
You can launch your own SupporterBase on a one-week free trial here: https://launch.supporterbase.com/. That form automatically guides you through the setup process.
- Enter your name, email and nation slug then submit the form to connect your nation.
- This will take you to your nation’s control panel in order to approve the SupporterBase app (you’ll see your NationBuilder sign in screen if you’re not already logged in).
- The second step is to choose your subscription option (either monthly or annual) and add your credit card.
- Your SupporterBase comes with a free trial so the first payment won’t be due until the end of your first week.
- Finally, you will select the specific site you will connect to SupporterBase (if your nation has multiple sites), and set the ID of the NationBuilder broadcaster you wish to use for new events.
Once you’ve completed the 3 steps above your new SuporterBase will be created. Our system will provision your account with its own separate database for added security, create a new phone number to power your groups’ phone calls and SMS and start the sync process with your nation. This process takes 24-48 hours to complete, after which you will receive an email notification giving you admin access to your new account.